Commercial Solar Panel Cleaning Melbourne
We encourage you to compare return on investment numbers with any manual cleaning option
Commercial facilities located in industrial areas often suffer from significant pollution such as from smokestacks, exhaust systems, jet aircraft, animal farms, wind, rain, agricultural sprays and dust. While the percentages vary among locations, monitoring can determine the actual amount of power lost each day.
We have seen panels with footprints where manual cleaners have walked on them. Access for manual cleaners at industrial sites can require cherry pickers or scissor lifts making it an expensive exercise, especially with Australia’s OH&S laws.
In our experience the most diligent of owners clean about every three months, but more commonly panels are only washed once a year. This will means that even at best case scenario panels are entirely clean for only 100 days over a 25 year lifespan and in reality probably no more than 25 days. It is an exceptionally low number of days to have your panels truly clean and functional.
While rain assists in removing some pollutants, it does not clean panels properly. The mounting angle of the panels may also contribute to dirt and dust buildup. Flat or nearly flat mounted panels are more prone to retain more dirt than the angled ones.
Take for example bird droppings. Our system cleans daily and removes bird droppings whilst still soft, as once it has been hardened, rain will not remove it.
Reduced Risk, Improved Efficiency
The reality is that all experts and industry participants agree that failure to clean a panel will result in power loss. Manual cleaning services cannot compare in return on investment to our automatic solar panel cleaning system. We keep your panels Our system keep your panels clean every day, not just 2 to 4 days a year. This will result in:
- Increased power output over the life cycle of the panels, OR, one may elect to reduce the number of panels at the original installation as those panels will be given the opportunity to achieve their potential. Installing additional panels to offset loss due to dirt and debris can be minimized.
- Reduced cleaning costs over the lifetime of the project.
- Increased rebates for new installations.
- Elimination of personal liability, employee injury or roof damage for roof mounted systems.
- Elimination of potential damage to the solar panel from brushes scraping over the glass surface for 25 years.
- maximum return for your solar investment.
- Maximum benefit for the environment from your system.